Five Ways to Prepare for the New Year
You should add Emergency Preparedness to your 2020 New Year’s Resolution. Disaster can strike at any moment, have you done everything to prepare you and your family?
Here are FIVE simple ways your family can be prepared for 2019:
1) Check your smoke detector batteries. Be sure they are working properly.
2) Check your first aid kit, is there anything that needs to be replaced or is expired? Here are some additional items to consider for your emergency preparedness kit.
3) Check your emergency pack. What’s your emergency plan? Here is a great emergency plan tutorial.
4) Discuss your plan with your family and emergency contacts. Are they prepared too? Click here for a fill in the blank emergency contact plan.
5) Make a list of reliable sources in your area for real-time emergency alerts. Many counties have emergency alert systems you can register for. Here are some guidelines on what to look for.
When an emergency strikes, be sure your family is prepared!