Dear Prospective Member:
Thank you for your interest in Texas Search and Rescue (TEXSAR). TEXSAR membership is open to all persons who meet the membership requirements. Membership is obtained without regard to race, gender, color, creed, religion, disability or ethnic orientation.
As a first responder organization, maintaining Public Trust is our highest priority. For the protection of our members and those we serve, all members are subject to a background check, as required by state and federal guidelines for emergency responders. Any false or misleading information provided by the volunteer or unsatisfactory background investigation reports are grounds for immediate termination.
INSTRUCTIONS (Please read thoroughly)
- Complete the online application here.
- Once you have completed the online application, you will receive instructions on how to submit the following:
- Membership Application Supplement
- Release of Information Consent
- Background Review Consent
- Waiver of Liability
- A copy of your DD-214 or NGB22 (if priory military)
- Initial dues of $165 via check or online* (please see new membership dues structure effective 3/11/17)
You may submit required paperwork and payment online, via mail, or bring them with you to your first TEXSAR meeting. Completed and signed documents and dues may be mailed to the address provided in the online application.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- No disqualifying offenses
- US citizen or legal resident
DISQUALIFICATIONS to MEMBERSHIP
- A criminal history that indicates you have been convicted of a felony offense, criminal fraud, or a crime of moral turpitude.
- Registered sex offender
- Military discharge of less than an Honorable Discharge
Thank you, and if you have any any questions about the application process, please contact the Membership Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.