Dear Prospective Member:
Thank you for your interest in Texas Search and Rescue (TEXSAR). TEXSAR membership is open to all persons who meet the membership requirements. Membership is obtained without regard to race, gender, color, creed, religion, disability or ethnic orientation.
As a first responder organization, maintaining Public Trust is our highest priority. For the protection of our members and those we serve, all members are subject to a background check, as required by state and federal guidelines for emergency responders. Any false or misleading information provided by the volunteer or unsatisfactory background investigation reports are grounds for immediate termination.
INSTRUCTIONS (Please read thoroughly)
- Once you have completed the online application, you will receive an email with instructions on how to submit the following (the application process is not complete until dues and all required documents are received):
- Membership Application Supplement
- Release of Information Consent
- Background Review Consent
- Waiver of Liability
- Code of Conduct
- Initial dues of $165 via check or online* (please see new membership dues structure effective 3/11/17) – The initial dues are required to complete the application process. If any problems arise and the application is not accepted, the initial dues will be refunded (less background check or other processing fees).
- A copy of your DD-214 or NGB22 (if priory military)
- Complete the online application here.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- No disqualifying offenses
- US citizen or legal resident
DISQUALIFICATIONS to MEMBERSHIP
- A criminal history that indicates you have been convicted of a felony offense, criminal fraud, or a crime of moral turpitude.
- Registered sex offender
- Military discharge of less than an Honorable Discharge
Thank you, and if you have any questions about the application process, please contact the Membership Committee at email@example.com.