TEXSAR, Inc a Central Texas-based non-profit is hiring an Administrative Assistant
This is a Remote position for the central Texas area with some in-person required.
Become a critical team member as the Administrative Assistant of TEXSAR (aka Texas Search and Rescue), the premier volunteer search-and-rescue and first responder non-profit in Texas.
- We are Texans Helping Texans
- We serve the community of our fellow first responders with professionalism and dedication.
- We value and demonstrate Service Above Self
TEXSAR is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant with a willingness to grow into a leadership position, excel in a fast-paced, quickly growing environment, and assist with high volume day-to-day activities. The primary purpose of the position is to perform clerical support to staff and board members in accordance with procedures and direction from your immediate supervisor.
- Answer phone calls and direct properly.
- Assist with donor relations.
- Coordinate meetings with internal and external attendees.
- Perform calendar maintenance.
- Product management to include inventory, acquiring quotes, and ordering.
- Data entry.
- Proofing documents and communications.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and communications.
- Fulfill incoming Mission Store orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant or office assistant.
- Excels in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Must be computer literate.
- Ability to take initiative and help where needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently multiple assignments in a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to pass a thorough background check.
- Administrative Experience: 2-3 years
- Must embrace the TEXSAR Mission and Values of Texans Helping Texans and Service Above Self, display a positive attitude, and show concern for people and our community.
- Reputation for high standards, ethical behavior, and integrity
- Outgoing and personable while being professional
- Passionate about helping people
- Self-motivated and independent problem solver
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Comfortable speaking to, and interacting with the others
- Exceptional phone skills with an ability to write and communicate messages clearly
- Teamwork-centered mindset
- Comfortable wearing multiple hats and changing gears between phone calls, emails, and other assigned tasks
- Willingness to learn, be coachable, and follow directions
- Comfortable using a computer: proficient in Microsoft Office and able to learn Salesforce
- High School or equivalent diploma
- Salesforce Experience
- Google Docs Experience
Open until filled. Applicants will be screened throughout the recruiting period.
Job Type: Part time or Full-time
- This is an hourly position, primarily remote with some travel. Must be able to work during our core hours of M-F, 8AM to 5PM with minimal weekend and evenings.
Supplemental pay types:
- Travel Allowance
- Depending on experience
Please submit cover letter and resume to Careers@TEXSAR.org