FRBT 2 – 3/21/20-3/22/20 – Trinity River
Date(s): 03/21/2020 - 03/22/2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Barn Hill Road
Shepherd, TX 77371
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RTI is conducting a Rescue Training International (RTI) FRBT 2 Course (FAST Rescue Boat Technician 2) for TEXSAR members with a current RBO/FRBT 1 cert and wishing to get certified in FRBT 2, for those who took RBO/FRBT 2 within the last three years and need to recertify, and those who are currently certified in RBO/FRBT 2 and who wish to audit. It will be a 2-day course with a night component expanding on the skills learned in RBO/FRBT 1.
If you have accrued scholarship funds by assisting with fundraisers or other extra TEXSAR work, you have the opportunity to apply those funds to this class (you can check your scholarship fund balance in your SIMS profile).
The normal cost of the class is $250, but the price is variable depending on certain factors:
- $212.50 – New certifications for TEXSAR members (must have a current RBO/FRBT 1 cert)
- $125.00 – Recertifications (must have a current RBO/FRBT 2 cert)
If you’re not needing to recertify and have already completed the course within the last three years, you may audit for free, but you will still need to register for the class.
IMPORTANT – If you cannot make the class and do not cancel your registration before materials have been ordered (usually within two weeks of the class), the cost of the class is non-refundable.
- The FRBT 2 course is normally taught in a two-day format, 0800-1700 with night ops the first evening.
- Day 1 Morning – Lecture
- Day 1 Afternoon – Boat driving skills
- Day 1 Night – Night operations
- Day 2 – All skills day in water
- USCG Approved PFD Type III or Type V (Preferred Type V Rescue with Tethered Swimmer belt)
- Water or vertical rescue helmet (we suggest vertical helmets) – bicycle helmet will suffice
- Hard sole wetsuit boot or tennis shoes. NO open toes, open heels, open sides, open middle or sandals of any sort. Feet must be completely covered. The only opening should be the one your foot enters the shoe through.
- Swimsuit appropriate for professional training in public
- Water in plastic bottles
DO NOT BRING:
- Glass or Styrofoam near the water.
- No physical horseplay
- No throwing items (this includes rocks, sticks or other objects during class time)
- No smoking while wearing or within 10 ft of any of the PPE. This includes other personnel’s gear.
- No dipping during skills training or while in the water.
- Cell phones on silent during class. Answering phones is discouraged.
- Successful completion of this course requires promptness.
We will have some extra gear available for use if needed. You must provide your own footwear, and we have limited wetsuits, but we typically have plenty of PFD’s and helmets, or you can borrow one from another member in your division. List your wetsuit size in the comments if you need to borrow one, and please do not go out and buy gear without checking with us for recommendations or team preference first. All gear is available for purchase at Rescue Gear/Tom’s Dive and Swim in Austin, at a reduced price. The gear list is in the SIMS Library section. Please, do not inundate Tom’s Dive with wetsuit rental questions for several weeks. They have plenty on hand, and you’ll just need to call in a week or two before class to reserve the size you need.
You must be logged in to your TEXSAR account to register.
Once you verify you're logged into your @texsar.org account, you can close the pop-up window and click the "Login with Google" link below:
Registration is closed for this event.