Wilderness SAR – 11/11/23-11/12/23 – North Texas
Date(s): 03/11/2023 - 11/12/2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Bob Woodruff Park South
3840 E Park Blvd
Plano, TX 75074
Contact Email: email@example.com
Texas Search and Rescue’s Wilderness Search and Rescue course is a requirement for members in order to become or maintain field deployment status. It will be a weekend course Saturday and Sunday and will include night operations for a few hours on Saturday night. It is open to current members who have completed the pre-requisites, members who need to renew their existing course certificate, or members who have a valid course certificate and wish to audit the course.
This class is required of all TEXSAR personnel to be SAR Responders. If you have accrued scholarship funds by assisting with fundraisers or other extra TEXSAR work, you have the opportunity to apply those funds to this class (you can check your scholarship fund balance in your SIMS profile).
The cost of the class is $150. You are eligible for a refund with at least a 7-day notice. Within 7 days, the course fee is non-refundable. If you no-show and do not call to cancel at any time, you are ineligible to reschedule for 3-months. Auditors may attend at no cost.
IMPORTANT – If you cannot make the class and do not cancel your registration, the cost of the class is non-refundable.
- Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (classroom and field instruction)
- Saturday 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. (night operations)
- Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (field instruction)
- (There will be a 1-hour break for lunch each day and a non-sponsored dinner Saturday evening at Casa Mama.)
What to Wear:
- Appropriate attire for the area and weather (long pants, hiking boots or comfortable shoes, etc.)
- If you are a TEXSAR member, a TEXSAR uniform is preferred, but there’s no need to go out and buy one before class if you don’t have one yet. This can be any combination of approved uniform pieces (khaki BDU pants, TEXSAR T-shirt or polo, orange field shirt, etc).
What to Bring:
- Lawn chair or something to sit in for lecture
- Food and water for 8 plus hours in the field, however we will break for lunch and dinner
- Minimum field gear:
- Pack of some sort
- A way to carry water
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Pen and notepad
- Any personal medications or necessities that you may need.
- Food or money for meals
- GPS (if you have one – don’t go buy one for this class)
- Rain Gear/Poncho
- If you are missing something from the above list, please let the instructor know, and they will try to get it for you.
* The specific building, room, and other class details will be emailed out prior to the day of the class.
You must be logged in to your TEXSAR account to register.
Registration is closed for this event.